|Názov:||NWF Network: Transnational initiatives to promote entrepreneurial skills and attitudes related to non-wood forest activities.|
|Type of project:||ERASMUS+|
|Promoter:||AYUNTAMIENTO DE CUADROS|
NWF Network is an international network consisting of multiple organizations from different EU countries. Its main objective is to collect the best practices from all participating countries, related to non-wood forest products - NWFP (forest products that are not included in the logging sector) and which may contribute to the development of the rural economy and promote job creation.
In general, the non-wood forest products have always been - and remain - an important element of forest resources. However, until recently, it was paid insufficient attention to their management and utilization.
Paradoxically, in some cases, a better understanding of the use of non-wood forest products can be directly linked to the process of their gradual destruction. As cultures and communities evolved towards a market economy, they had tended to reduce the use of these forest products for livelihood; Unfortunately, in general, this decline was not accompanied by better management of some non-wood products as an integral part of the development process. As a result, traditional knowledge about these products gradually disappears. Too often, their real value is significantly undervalued at national or local level; their use expires, either due to lack of appropriate economic measures or developing measures without clear vision.
NWF Network is constituted by following subjects: Ayuntamiento de Cuadros (Spain), AEGEAS (Greece), ADESPER (Spain) Corane (Portugal), CEDA (Slovakia), CPI (Slovenia), Karadeniz Technical Univerisity (Turkey), Etifor srl (Italy) and Stefan cel Mare University Suceava (Romania).
- Improve the capacity of the VET system related to the needs of the labour market in the NWFP sector.
- Modernize and exploit the potential of economic development and innovation in the EU to increase the competitiveness of the forest sector.
- Facilitate labour mobility, recognition at European level in the labour market by integrating business practices based on learning.
- Cooperate among the organizations in program countries in forestry.
- Promote better information, transfer of the good practises in the sector and recognition of non-formal learning at European, national, regional and local level.
- Thematic Network „NWF Network".
- European Monitoring Centre for New Qualifications in the Forestry Sector.
- Online Resource Centre of Information and Learning.
- Good Practice Guide for the Management of Non-Wood Forest Products
- Project Website